Peninsula Pest Control finds the source of your ant infestation and exterminates with professional grade solutions.
Ants are social creatures that typically live in large communal colonies and once one ant has made its way into your home, the rest are sure to follow in search of food and water to sustain themselves. Call us at Peninsula Pest Control Ltd for ant removal services in St. Catharines. We’ll come to your home or office and assess your infestation situation.
Whether ants choose your home or not is based mostly on where the queen decides to set up her colony. Depending on whether you have black, flying, or carpenter ants, we will have different ways of dealing with the infestation. Call us today!
Look for these signs and protect yourself from an ant infestation.
- Live ants – You may see them trekking through your home or converged on food that’s been dropped or left out in your kitchen or eating areas
- Pathways or trails – These are attractants for other ants to follow
- Nests – These may be in walls or other quiet, dark spaces or outside your home
- Frass – This debris produced by ants can be wood shavings, sawdust, or excrement
- Dry, rustling sounds – Made when the ant colony is disturbed, it is thought to be a form of communication
Ant control is not normally a simple fix and usually requires professionals to ensure that the ant problem has been taken care of permanently. Sometimes it doesn’t matter how clean or dirty your home is to have an infestation – it might just be a place ants come to. A few things you can do right away when you start to see ants include:
- Wipe down anywhere you see ants crawling around with a disinfectant wipe to erase the scented trail left behind
- Check all your cupboards for any food sources, such as a leaky honey jar or a peanut butter jar
- Clean your kitchen regularly
- Seal food in tight containers
- Seal off all entry points you can find in your home
Ants may be small creatures, but they have a potential to cause big problems for your home or business.
“The exterminator at Peninsula Pest Control was professional, quick and had solved our problem in one afternoon.”
M. Ferrel, Client
Servicing all of Niagara